Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota tractors: confused about “grey market” and “lack of parts support” for old machines

sawmilleng ยท 2021-06-13 03:02

Hi! I'm looking for someone who can explain the issues surrounding Kubota and parts support for older machines...and if this ties into "grey market machines". I'm looking at a Kubota tractor, 1981 model M7500DT, which is a mechanical 4 wheel drive tractor of about 80 hp. It has a standard gear transmission. My concern surrounds the issue of parts. Are they still available? I don't know if this machine would fall into the Grey market category, where I understand machines meant for Asian consumption were shipped to North America. Or the other issue that I don't know much about where machinery older than a certain date is still called "Kubota" but the company did something--restructured or changed hands but kept the name--and machines built before this date were instantly shzt out of luck for any parts support. Can someone help me out by explaining this issue? Thanks! Jon.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612021-06-13 06:26
  2. #2treemuncher2021-06-13 12:41

    check out https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/ for more information under the Kubota folders. There should be more information on that site than most others regarding farm tractors. I never dealt with Kubota prior to 1992 so I'm no help with older models.