Hello, I am going to be purchasing a backhoe in the near future that I need to have auxiliary hydraulics on. I am leaning towards a 580 Super L but it is difficult to find one with the auxiliary hydraulics...maybe 10 percent have them. I know the after market kits are expensive. I need the hydraulics to run a breaker. Is it possible to use the extendahoe hydraulics to run the auxiliary hydraulics if the extendahoe is pinned shut? It would be easy to put a diverter valve in the line to turn the flow to a set of couplers instead of the extendahoe cylinder. Does the extendahoe valve flow enough to do this? We have always had bigger machines and I am really just starting to get into backhoes so I am just testing the waters. I have been renting a deere 310J which is a nice machine but it doesn't seem to compair to the Super L I have had case Super M's also that didn't seem to run like the Super L. What it comes down to is renting the 310J as needed over the last few years has cost me what an nice Super L would have cost to purchase and I need one for at least another 5 months this year. Any other recomendations for a decent hoe in the $25-30k range. Thanks for the help! Phil
most JCB backhoes use the extendahoe pipework to power the breaker/hammer.
Thanks, Robin. Is there a valve on the boom that has to be switched or is it all internal?
valve on dipper arm on some JCB,others have a manual valve behind the backhoe pipework
Years back Case made a kit with short pipes bent properly and tees to put in the ext hoe feedlines at the hose/ pipe junction at the hinge to attach the pipes to. The idea was as stated earlier to pin the ext and the pipes then became feeds for couplers. The tubes were 12 JIC and the L has plenty of capacity to run a breaker at lower throttle settings as breakers of the size for that machine require low gpm. I believe that the K's used the setup described and I would proceed carefully to assure there was adequate room for the additional plumbing to flex as the dipper was moved. It just may work for you. Get with a Case dealer parts man who cares and share this info with them Mel