Several months ago, I rented a hammer for my machine and ever since I noticed an issue. Whenever I attach a bucket or forks using my hydraulic quick attach, after I use the machine for even a short while, I cannot get the hydraulic switch on the right joystick to work until i press the operate button twice (to disingage and reingage the auxiliary). After that, the switch works and I can remove the attachment. Before I rented the hammer, I never had This problem and could have gotten the switch to work without having to press the operate button. I am thinking it is an issue with a solenoid. What do you all think? If a solenoid, where is it located and how to I test it to see if it is actually the problem. Thanks
Anyone?
Sounds like it is working correctly now. Shouldn’t you have to reset the solenoid every time you disengage a safety or power up? Or it could be that the hammer you rented had trash in the lines and hydraulics and is now binding your auxiliary spool valve up a bit.
The hammer was supposedly brand new. I was first to rent it. It is still acting up. You do have to press the operate button upon starting to physically work the machine (drive it, operate boom, auxiliary hydraulic). The problem is after a few minutes of operation, the auxiliary hydraulics stop working but you can still drive machine and operate boom without issue. To get the auxiliary hydraulics to work again you have to stop moving the machine and press the operate button twice to get the auxiliary hydraulics to work again. Before it started acting up after renting the hammer, the auxiliary hydraulics always worked after pressing operate button once so long as I didn’t lift up the lap bar.
Is it possible that your hydraulic activation solenoid is getting hot and dropping out?
I am not sure. How do I check it? Any idea where it is located?
No, don’t have the schematics, hopefully someone else may be able to help out. Could also be your PWN module also.
Thanks. I should be able to find the schematics online. How do you test the PWN module to see if bad?
What did you find out with the issue? Mine is having the same problem