Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case580se diode specs for electrical system

Chuckles ยท 2024-10-22 18:48

I need all diodes for my case 580se. I'm rewiring completely and I have a parts manual but it doesn't give a part# for diodes. Just the location. I need spec and direction of current flow.it is a 12vdc system. Can anyone help narrow this down for a novice electrician.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-10-22 20:04

    Unless you are butchering the harness the diodes can only be plugged into the harness socket one way. Current flow direction is predetermined by the way it plugs into the socket. The specs for them are in the parts list description. The parts manual does show all the diodes and their specs. Why do you need to replace all the diodes ? That is going to get real expensive ! Here is an example of one.

  2. #2Chuckles2024-10-23 11:39

    Anyone know where they can be purchased or specs so they can be made up and directional current flow for a proper placement. I purchased this machine for 6k. Previous owner said there was a electrical fire under the dash and man he wasn't kidding. So he spliced wire back together, butt spliced everywhere, but no visible damage to the dashboard. All gages and sending units tested good. But no power to dash. Machine starts and runs good.Also had to replace one of the relays under dash.None of the lights work ,no heater no wipers working. So I removed ceiling panel from ROPS and main wire plug had been removed along with the diodes. More butt splicing. I'm replacing halogen lights with aftermarket LED lights. Most of wiring in cab is being replaced along with a plug for diode. So that is why I need current flow for diode plug. What I have invested in this machine a hundred bucks for diodes is not going to hurt. Thanks for the parts info .I'll have to study parts manual closer and I may need more help .

  3. #3Tinkerer2024-10-23 12:46

    There should be used harnesses available with the diodes on them in salvage yards. They would save you a lot of time. Shaefer in Wolf Lake Il is a good place to call. Schaefer Enterprises of Wolf Lake, Inc. | IL | Parts & Dismantled We've got what you need - browse dismantled forestry & construction equipment & parts for sale - backed by 80 years of experience in the heavy equipment & forestry industry. sewlparts.com I have a much better parts book that the CNH online one. Here is an example of one of your harnesses.

  4. #4Chuckles2024-11-13 14:00

    Hey tinkerer Just needed to say thanks for help gathering my needed diodes. Ended up making my own wiring harness. The machine is just to old,'87, every person advised that fact. So I appreciate all the help and your schematic is better than my.