Hi guys! I bought a 140 G Motor Grader 1982. I made a mistake and bought it without ripper or scaryfier. I am planning to buy a ripper. Is there any problem to attach it to the motor grader? Is it possible?
Can't tell for sure from the pictures but it looks like there may have been a front scarifyer on the machine at one time. While scarifyers aren't nearly as good as rippers it would probably be a lot cheaper and easier. However, if you can find a used ripper you should be able to use the scarifyer control.
We have 3 140G with rippers. Just need to fit it in place, attach the arms to the belly of the beast and snug up the 4 bolts underneath the bottom of the bumper. Good graders 140G"s.
Ops.. Kidd can you quote the Cif Dar es salaam Port in Tanzania, East Africa?
Kidd I have found a d4 tractor ripper. Do you think I could adapt it to the 140 g?
Just another question. In case I have to buy a scarifier I saw on the web 3 kind of scarifiers: Center Mount, Front Mount, Rear Mount. Which of this scarifiers would be suitable for this machine? Thanks....
We have rear mount on all are, depends what application your using it for. with the rear mounts rippers you can put the longer shanks on to really shred it up. if your just using it the scratch up some material on the top a front mount one would probably be best. As I always find myself angling my blade in between my tires to adapt for smaller road ways, which a center mount would get in the way really fast.
Thanks so much. I hope I will go for a center mount. Know Anywhere I could find that part?