Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 212 Grader

dsburdell ยท 2017-01-09 22:27

Could some please give some info on my Cat 212 Grader, I'm trying to get manuals for it and I have found some but I can't seem to find the right matching manual. My grader serial number is 95C135 and the manuals I found are for 2R1,8M1, 1R1,1U1,1M1, And 9T , Which manual should I get for it , It also has a electric start for the pony motor, as far as I can tell it is original, Any info would be great, Cheers Dan

Replies4
  1. #1Old Magnet2017-01-10 01:31

    95Cxxxx is equivalent to the US 9Txxxx. D311 engine 50 hp. Doesn't appear that many were built. 9T's were built 1947 to 1956.

  2. #2dsburdell2017-01-10 03:27

    Thanks , I've just seen a manual with serial number 79C1 and up , would that be the one or should I get the 9T manuals ?

  3. #3Old Magnet2017-01-10 11:11

    79Cxxxx is slightly later 1954-1957 and is the direct electric start version similar to the 9T. That manual will work except for the pony motor information missing. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to come up with the 9T manuals and you'd probably want early s/n coverage.

  4. #4dsburdell2017-01-10 23:21

    Thanks for the info