I’m new to this site so any help is greatly appreciated. Recently bought an old 215 and yesterday it dot a hydraulic leak. It’s from a main oil line (metal tube) where it connects to the rear four stem control valve. It looks like something I can fix but I want to make sure. 1. Is it a flared end fitting or does it have an o-ring? I can’t find it in the manual or a pic online. 2. Can I simply take it off, replace the pipe or gasket or o-ring, and reinstall it? I know I would have to add oil and bleed system. 3. Anyone know where I can find a pic or diagram of the hose end? Part number? Thanks in advance
What Parts Manual are you using.? Please can you post a photo (or Photoshop one of the existing) where you are pointing out the steel line that is leaking.? It's hard to tell from the photos Also please give the machine Serial Number. It makes it easier to find information.
This is the leaking part. It won’t let me upload a video and the pic didn’t capture the dripping. It’s leaking right where the hose meets the mount/bracket/flange. The machine is on the mountain so I don’t have the sn right now. Not running it drips. Running it sprays.
OK, you have a Service Manual but that does not show Part Numbers, only the Parts Manual has them.
You've got me confused. Rather than a steel tube your photo shows what looks like a hose (the black part on the right) that fixes to the control valve with two clamps (the silver bits). Is the leak at the place where I put the red arrow.?
Just a common flange fitting in which case it's most likely just a blown O-Ring. Kind of the beauty of that design as the O-Ring is the weak point and an easy repair as opposed to replacing the whole line.
Actually not an o-ring, but a D-ring or square ring. Sometimes an o-ring will work, but it usually doesn't last.
Should be an easy fix but put a vacuum on the filler of your hyd. tank so you don't lose all the fluid when you take it apart. Put oil on the new D ring. The pump connections on my 931B are the same kind. You don't have to take both halves of the coupler off. Take the side off you can see and just loosen the other side. Then you can use the side left on to easily line up the hose. Put oil on the new ring when you install it. If you have the proper amount of hyd. fluid, you shouldn't have to bleed the system, just work the controls several times to get any air out.