Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 236

bigtrack ยท 2015-02-16 21:55

Can the drive pump Leak hydrolic fluid into drive chain box

Replies8
  1. #1bigtrack2015-02-16 22:39

    Why I ask is because when I went to check the level of fluid in left drive chain box it was at least 3 to 4 gallons over full. The fluid was not milky so I know it is not due to water leaking into drive chain box.

  2. #2Todd v.2015-02-17 06:33

    Normally that is a drive motor seal leaking.

  3. #3bigtrack2015-02-17 16:04

    Does anyone have a parts diagram for cat 236 skid steer drive chain system.

  4. #4bigtrack2015-02-17 16:07

    Also can I change drive motor seals from access panel between tires. Or what ever seal is causing hydraulic oil inside drive box

  5. #5JustForFun2015-02-17 16:32

    Could still be water. On my 1845 the oil just sat on top of the water and never really mixed that much. I put the wand of my shop vac to the bottom of the case to empty them and the first 5 gallons was basically pure water. Only had about 2 gallons of oil to haul to recycling. Is your hydraulic oil down 3-4 gallons?

  6. #6Nige2015-02-17 16:52

    Need a Serial Number prefix first .......

  7. #7bigtrack2015-02-17 17:49

    4yz02808

  8. #8Nige2015-02-18 08:47

    You mean something like this..?