Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

heater for Takeuchi TL130

Brad Morse ยท 2015-02-17 15:17

Anyone know what my best bet is to keep my Takeuchi TL130 engine a little bit warmer this winter? With either a block or coolant heater? I'm a little overwhelmed by the options--between what type is best, what size, and where I should install it. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2015-02-17 18:26

    A block heater is best. If you can't get enough access to the engine, then a tank type heater will work fine IF it's installed right, just a little more juice to run. Either one will warm an engine up in about an hour.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2015-02-18 10:47

    11f I like the block heater in the smaller engines like skid steers as well. Space always seems at a premium to install a tank heater so it will work properly. I agree with Delmar, the block heater will warm it up in an hour. I just started my NH 665 a few minutes ago after plugging it in for an hour and 15 minutes. Its warming up now. After I finish my coffee I am going to go split some firewood. It splits easy at -21F.

  3. #33X82015-02-18 11:38

    I put a block heater in my LX565 a few weeks ago, very easy to do but mine was easy to get to. I started it last Friday morning after it had been -25.6 that night, I left it plugged in for a couple hours first.

  4. #4Brad Morse2015-02-18 15:05

    Thanks. I'm just waiting to hear back from the dealer on the port and engine size. I contacted Phillips & Temro (Zerostart) and they'll pick the right model for me with that info.