I've got a 2003 236 and the fan that cools the radiator is leaking oil . I was wondering if anyone has rebuilt one and if so is their anything to look out for. I think its a shaft seal the hoses are dry and the fittings are tight. Any info would be appreciated . Plus I have a exhaust leak that started. The flex pipe that comes off the manifold and goes to the muffler cracked. Its still the factory accordion style and looks to be stainless I was wondering if it would be worth trying to tig it up or would I be chasing cracks ? Has anyone tried it or is it waisting time since it has been heated up and cooled so many times ? Thanks in advance
Just replace the flexpipe. It's like trying to weld a pop can and it'll be right back to broke in short order. On the fan, I've never had one apart on that model but most of those hydraulic driven fans are about as simple as it gets. Should just be able to pull one side of the case off and put a seal in it. Inspect the shaft closely, if it's worn a new seal won't last long.