Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 319 D ctl will not rev up past idle

porschetmc ยท 2015-06-22 13:50

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have a 2010 John Deere 319 D with H and ISO controls (1240 hours). I have been having a problem that when I start it up it will not rev up past idle. This machine has both a dial and foot pedal to control engine speed. It will stay at 1200 rpms. Changing the throttle does nothing. At first this was happening about 25% of the time, sometimes when I would wait a few minuets and let it idle it would rev up also if I would shut down and restart it I could get it to rev up. As of lately it has been doing it more often. Closer to 100% of the time. I have recently changed the fuel separator and the in line filter. Before I changed them the computer was de-rating the engine. Also I was getting the code 100.03 (engine oil pressure out of range high) It usually was not in my active codes but it was in the stored codes. I replaced the engine oil pressure sensor (AT85174) After I did this the machine seemed to be fixed for a few days but then when back to just idling. I have been spending a lot of time researching this problem and found some that say wigging wires and relays will fix it. http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=81074 I tried doing this but without success. does anyone know which wires/relay are the problem? Any help would be much appreciated. This thing is driving me nuts! (although it is a short drive for me) Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1porschetmc2015-07-08 09:08

    Okay I might of found the problem. I think it was the foot pedal throttle. When I was looking around the pedal looked corroded from salt. I did not think it would be it since the books say that both throttles work independent of each other (the pedal and the dial). I discounted the pedal and tried it; the machine now works the way it should (minus not having a foot throttle). It has been working now for over a week with no hiccups so I am hoping that was the issue. I have not yet bought a new foot pedal, I was hoping I could find just the sensor, but so far I cannot. JD only sells the whole assemble.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-07-08 19:02

    Look for numbers on the sensor itself, they're often cross referenced to another supplier. This is probably a case where the pedal unit was throwing a signal that was outside the acceptable range so the computer defaulted to idle because it was confused.