Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 236 main power relay

Plummer194 · 2026-08-09 06:57

I have a cat 236 skid steer that the main power relay or magnetic switch went out on. Part number for the switch is 168-7908 but it’s discontinued. I called cat the replacement is also discontinued. Does anyone have any ideas what would work for a replacement all I can find is 24v replacements. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2026-08-09 07:44

    The 168-7908 is showing as no longer available but the replacement 254-3782 still shows as being available and applicable to 4YZ-prefix 236 skid steers. There seem to be plenty of them available aftermarket. These magnetic switches were only used on early 4YZ machines up to S/N 4000. After that the wiring changed significantly and they were no longer used.

  2. #2Plummer1942026-08-09 08:50

    Thanks Nige I did see the wiring changed in later machines. I did not see the 254-3782 part number I must have looked right past it.

  3. #3DustAndRay2026-08-11 03:00

    Googled your part number and found this on FridayParts, but sadly it's out of stock right now. Might be worth pinging them about restock: https://www.fridayparts.com/switch-...-939-loader-301-5-301-6-301-8-302-5-excavator

  4. #4Simon C2026-08-11 10:20

    Post a picture of it and if it is too hard to get or too expensive, I can tell you how to mount a Cole Hersee unit that will work perfectly fine. Have done multiple times , even at a remote Northern mine and unit was back up running. Cheap option. Simon C