Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 236B … can’t release parking brake

jimprater ยท 2015-02-18 10:55

I'm new to this forum and posted this question on the wrong thread. When I start the engine two lights are flashing and I can't get them to turn off. 1) the parking brake on 2) the man with the seat belt just to the right of the parking brake on. I've never seen a flashing light on this unit, and this just started happening.

Replies4
  1. #1apetad2015-02-18 13:05

    Flashing means computer error. Have had bad seat belt or seat sensor wiring do this also.

  2. #2Todd v.2015-02-19 01:49

    Yea sounds like for whatever reason your machine thinks you seatbelt is not on so it's probably locking you out. Do the drives still work?

  3. #3Mobiltech2015-02-19 08:45

    You could try this . HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4jimprater2015-02-19 09:51

    Thanks for this valuable information. Can you tell me what manual these instructions came from? In test 3-8 there are some solenoids mentioned. I don't know where these are. Is there a way I could get this manual in order to complete this procedure? Thanks again.