Radio is not turning on, it may be bad. Can someone please post or send me the wiring schematic so I can test my powers and ground. I have a switched 12v and a ground, but no constant. Also the dome light has no power to it. Thanks in advance Mike
Turn the key on and walk a test light down both sides of every fuse. Legend is inside the fuse panel cover. Whichever one doesn't light on both sides is bad. I'd suspect the power port fuse.
Power Port works, has battery voltage. All fuses are good. Radio fuse is hot, im looking for radio schematic, and or pin out
#18 has a 20 amp fuse that feeds that stuff. I believe you'll have to lift the cab. Schematic linked below...236d is same as 242d. You'll see that 20amp feeds circuit 122, which goes to radio and dome.
Under black cover is one of these fuses.
That is exactly what I was looking for! Is that what a CAT technician uses when servicing these machines or do they have better schematics? Or is there more to the system? Thanks for time Mike
Better schematics? Bwahahaha Those are fully scaleable and pdf searchable. Those are the best out there, and, yes, that's a genuine, used by Cat technicians everywhere, schematic.
Did you click at the arrow tip, on above post?
Yeah it helps if I open that lol. I'll go check that fuse!
That J case fuse was indeed burnt. Replaced fuse, dome lamp came on. Plugged in radio and she let out a cloud of magic smoke. Threw it the bucket and I'm working on wiring in an aftermarket unit. Thanks for the help heymccall.