New to the forum but have used it as a reference before. Lots of good knowledge on here!!! Having trouble removing injector. In the process of making slide hammer attachment to top of assembly/threads. Did not know that these assemblies were serviceable. Someone is telling me that the nozzles are replaceable. Is it worth it to change just the nozzles or to just buy a new assembly? Thanks
Anyone care to give some advice
You bet, not me thou. This thread just popped up, But I see you posted on Friday. muzy
Pumpguy's the man to give the answer. I won't hazard a guess, cause I've not had any problems with the ones on my ASV RC30. Motor is likely of similar series, Perkopillar...
IDK what they look like?? Google shows "common rail" injectors w/ just orings on it..& u just pop them out w/ a couple of pry bars.. OR google OTC7121 for pencil inj. remover w/ a slide hammer & adaptor..
Thanks! I have been trying to remove them, went as far as making a puller and had no luck. Slide hammer no luck either. Running out of patience and options lol. Thanks for the help.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpilla...gine-4-4-Mitsubishi-Perkins-804-/183213840471
Sprayed a lot with pentrating fluid. Ran engine to even get it warm. Problem is there is no flange or "lip" to get any kind of pry bar on. Tried to even spin it. Must be moisture the builds up and creates rust where injector goes through head.
Slide hammer is the way to go. You will have to make an adapter something like this.
Kmark>> What are u pulling w/ the 12x1.25?? JR>> Your prob. right about the "moisture".. I can remember getting those inj. in the shop w/ the inj. tubes still on them.. all the time..{If I remember correctly} SO.. TAKE YOUR TIME w/ the slide hammer.. SPRAY, use slide hammer, no go? spray some more, let sit.. I cant remember if they have a "centering" slot or ball on them.?? U might be able to use a wrench & TRY to wiggle it back & forth to loosen it before u use the slide hammer to pull it UP.. Is YOUR slide hammer the right one?? You said u "made one".. How about renting the correct one from a parts store?? Just trying to help..
LOL. Nothing yet. Kind of a long story but I was in the nut and bolt shop and bought a handful of M12x1.5 nuts for the job. When I got back to the workshop I made the adapter up and found that it wouldn't fit!! I checked out my newly acquired possessions with a thread pitch gauge and found that he had given me a mixture of 1.5 and 1.25, so I made one of each. (just to be future proof, you know)
hahaha.. I know how that is.. Working around the fuel systems day in & day out.. I had access to ALL the lines that screw onto an injector. I just had a buddy weld the injector nuts to an adaptor nut, that'll fit the end of my slide hammer.. I DID have to BUY the "pencil" inj. set-up{slide hammer w/ the inj. adaptor} AND the Yanmar set-up, complete w/ slide hammer. {4 foot,lol} What pizz's me right off is>> U cant buy the pencil injector END.. {just the end}.. U have to buy the whole kit & kaboodle.. slide hammer & SCREW-ON adaptor..
Yeah i made same tool. Welded 2 nuts. Left hold down loose ran engine to try and suck some pentrating fluid down. Had no luck. Tried to even wiggle injector with adjustable wrench. I guess im going to have to keep spraying with pentrating oil and giving it a few wacks with slide hammer. I appreciate all of the input. Im really just trying to see if the injector is bad or iff the cylinder is bad. Machine has had a miss for a long time and customer didnt want to be bothered with fixing it. moisture is a killer
That sux.. u cant even diagnose the problem.. & if ur not careful.. "I think" you'll pull the sleeve w/ the injector.??
No sleeves with that style injector. Myself, I'd cherry red that injector (rendering it dead), then let it cool, then use puller (since it is that stuck).
YUP, THATS 1 way.. Just have a fire extinguisher at the ready..{no joke} The heat will def. help.. just be "ready" just incase ..: {u never know}
Yeah I'm going to have to use heat and a lot more penetrating oil. We will have to see how it goes I will keep you guys updated I have another engine apart right now