I just purchased a used 247 track loader. I am encountering a problem. While back dragging the bucket will occasionally pop loose. I have checked the pins they will not travel any lower. They bottom out on the upper pin which holds them to the spring assembly. I did not receive any manuals in this purchase. Is there an adjustment for the tension on the quick tach pins? I noticed when you engage them they are extremely easy compared to others that I have used. For example the Bobcat T190. On that model I have to use my foot to fully engage the pins. Any suggestions?
They are held in place by the springs that hold them over center. If those springs are shot or broken they can come loose. Also, if there's too much slop in the pin the handle pivots on, it could cause the same problem. When mine are properly lubricated, it takes very little effort to lock or unlock the pins, there is only a slight resistance as the cam approaches center, then they just slip into place. I've never had one come loose.