Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 247B no power

MikeC1962 ยท 2019-03-02 16:58

Hello everyone, I am trying to help a good friend with a dead Cat 247B that has no power. Unfortunately, I do not have a complete wiring diagram so I am stuck and hoping someone can help. I did find a diagram of the fuse block and a partial wiring diagram showing the interlocks and key switch. The "hot" fuses are being powered ... the ones powered by the red wire. He does get power to the key ... when her turns it one, the yellow wire goes hot. There is no power to the interlock ECM fuse (Fuse number 19). So just for testing, I had him jump power to this fuse ... great, machines turns over (but obviously doesn't start). So it looks like the ECM and interlocks are working (I had him test the seat and arm rest ones first and they are fine). So, we have power going from the key but no power coming into the fuse panel on the three purple wires. Here is where I am stuck! I am 800 miles away from the machine and I have no wiring diagram to tell me where what the key does to get power to these three wires. I assume there are relays (he says the found three ... I was hoping these are what I am looking for) in the back of the machine. But there is another block with 5 more relays in it also. Can someone tell me how the yellow wire from the key gets power to the three purple wires feeding the fuse panel? Thanks so much ..... Mike

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2019-03-02 17:48

    Click on my user name and Start a conversation with me. Give me the Serial Number of the machine and your email address. A schematic will be winging its way to you soon after.

  2. #2Mobiltech2019-03-02 18:22

    The yellow wire goes to a diode on the harness down by the right side of the engine. I have seen trouble with that diode ..you should see it on the schematic as diode block.

  3. #3MikeC19622019-03-03 22:25

    Found it! Must have gotten water in the connector. Followed the yellow wire along to the back of the machine. Pulled each connector and check. Came across one that was burned! Cleaned it up and he is back in business! Thanks to all!!!!!!!! Mike