Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 247b3 hydraulic fitting sizes

joshs ยท 2026-03-29 20:30

Hello - I picked up a burned 247b3 for parts and want to remove the drive motors and all the hydraulic cylinders and cap the fittings with steel caps. Does anyone have any idea what style and sizes of fittings I would need to buy a selection of? Thank You!

Replies3
  1. #1joshs2026-03-30 20:36

    Looking at most of the fittings, I think most look like JIC 37 except the drive motors which look like they are probobaly orfs.

  2. #2willie592026-03-30 21:38

    Not familiar with the Cat 247 myself, but I'd find it odd if it were not JIC or ORFS or mixture of both.

  3. #3joshs2026-04-13 20:33

    In case anyone else ever needs it, all of the fittings are ORFS. Drive motors use 2 #12, 1 #8 and 1 #6. Most of the hydraulic cylinders use #8 except the little ones on the quick tach.