Hello, I have a 2008 279c MBT00534. It has the Selectable Joystick Pattern Switch with a "1" and a "2" on it and it has been dissabled in the software by previous owner. Would any of you have any information on how to configure the software correctly to make this function again? I do have my own scanner/Programer Thank you, any information would be helpful. P.S. Is there a way to get a full spec breakdown for this machine and it's features, how or what it came programed with off the assembly line or history? example: HighFlow or AccuGrade...
Are you following the O&M Manual instructions when attempting to change the pattern.? It is entirely possible that your particular machine is not equipped with the "Selectable Control Pattern" option. It is an attachment (option), not standard. The switch for the Joystick Control Pattern has a number "1" on one side and a number "2" on the other side. When you start the machine, choose "1 - Caterpillar" or "2 - Alternate" in order to release the parking brake. The numbers on the Alert Indicator panel will blink until a pattern is selected. Once a pattern has been selected, activating the parking brake will not affect the selection of the pattern.
See below. 2-speed, Standard Flow Hydraulics.
A search threw up these documents. I would guess that somone in the past has retrofitted the pattern change switch on a machine then got no further when he found that to fully enable the system required the dealer to make the relevant software setting changes, which include the need for Factory Passwords, and the process stalled.
This is exactly what I needed. I've been searching for days. My unit has all the correct decals for the Selectable Control Pattern and the switch. After reading what you just sent, I see that I did not disable "H" pattern in the software. that would explain why it didn't function. I'll change that this week. Right now I'm chasing down a shorted "R" wire from Alternator to ECU. I took the Prints you sent me last time and had them printed on a plotter machine 56 inches by 40 inches, now I can read the darn thing without a magnifying glass. Thank you very much for your help, I and my family greatly appreciate it.