Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 249D AC blower motor not working

Jerry Lister · 2023-07-22 22:14

Hoping y'all can help me on this. Sometimes the fan comes on and air is fine and other times the blower motor will not come on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jerry

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2023-07-23 04:31

    Can you post a Serial Number. There are 6 different models of 249D. Is the fan problem when you use the A/C, the heater, or both.?

  2. #2Jerry Lister2023-07-23 10:38

    JGWR01482 problem is with ac and heat

  3. #3Nige2023-07-23 12:03

    For an intermittent problem such as the one you describe I would suggest to open and clean the connector behind the blower switch and also the one on the blower motor. Those two are the only connectors on that circuit.

  4. #4Jerry Lister2023-07-23 12:39

    Thanks Nige. I’ll try that

  5. #5Jerry Lister2023-07-27 17:47

    Hey Nige, I have some updated symptoms. I cleaned the 2 connectors you suggested and replaced the fan speed switch as well. In the AC position fan comes on in low only. Other positions same speed. Heat position fan doesn't come on at all.

  6. #6Jerry Lister2023-07-27 23:23

    I'm at a loss. Can't even run the machine without the air its so hot in GA

  7. #7heymccall2023-07-28 00:05

    At pins 2,3,&4, is there voltage present at the blower motor when each speed is selected?