Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 252b stuck and Now Controls and RPM selector Don’t Work

Skidster · 2023-08-06 17:41

Hello Forum, So I recently bought a Cat 252b. It has its minor problems but ran good when I got it home. However I goofed up and parked it next to the sprinklers and it got very muddy under it on one side and when I tried to get it out sank some more and since I also didn't have the bucket on I managed to get it stuck lol Anyways we hooked up the truck to pull it out but as my friend was inside pushing down the lever to increase the RPM we noticed the RPM did not go up from idle BUT ALSO the joysticks stopped working as well. Engine starts and runs fine at idle otherwise. No fault indicator lights on either. My question is as you can see in the photos I assume there is a spring missing on the throttle body? Does anyone have a diagram that shows where the spring is supposed to go or what the part number for is? Also why did the joysticks stop working? I assumed it's due to a separate issue but what are the odds both these problems happen at the same exact time? is there a safety mechanism that shuts down the joysticks when this happens to the RMP selector perhaps? Last but not least how can I find the Fuse and Relays for the joysticks? My serial # is: SCP02842 if it helps. Thank you in advance, Attachments​

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-08-07 05:51

    Re your question about fuses and relays - It sounds as though the first thing you need, assuming you will be doing your own maintenance, is an Operation & Maintenance Manual. Using this LINK you can download one and have it in 5 minutes or less. Put SEBU7731 in the text box and click the Search button. I'll send you an electrical schematic to get you started. Keep an eye on your messages.

  2. #2Nige2023-08-07 06:01

    The RPM control is a positive push/pull cable from the cab. There is a spring but it is located on the end of the cable connected to the lever in the cab in your 3rd photo.

  3. #3Skidster2023-08-07 13:40

    You're awesome Nige, I have a good starting point now. Also received your message. thanks, cheers