Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 257B Bogie Wheel Torque Specs

CotterFCattle · 2024-08-28 09:18

Hello, I am replacing some bearings on some bogie wheels on my Cat 257B with ASV tracks. From my understanding the original style bogie wheels do not get tensioned like a typical wheel bearing, but rather get torqued to a certain spec. Would anybody be able to help me verify if that is true? If so, what is the torque spec? Thanks! Philip

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2024-08-29 05:49

    Is the attached procedure what you are looking for.?

  2. #2CotterFCattle2024-08-29 23:25

    Doesn't look like it. Looks like that may be for a newer machine? On this machine the hub and wheel are all one piece. Cat 257B SLK 05001.

  3. #3Nige2024-08-30 02:56

    That procedure is from the manual for SLK05001. Maybe we have a terminology issue. Post a photo of what you’re working on.

  4. #4CotterFCattle2024-08-30 17:43

    I said bogie wheel, maybe I should have said idler wheel. I am talking any of the wheels for the track pictured.

  5. #5Arny L2024-08-30 21:01

    My ASV, the torque was 85 lbs. And has a thin nylon lock nut.

  6. #6Nige2024-08-31 07:27

    Yes indeedy. The idler wheels are the ones at the front and rear of the track frame. The bogie wheels are all the ones in between. Note in the comment in the specifications that the nut is not reusable.

  7. #7CotterFCattle2024-09-03 08:06

    Perfect, that is exactly what I was needing. Thanks so much!

  8. #8Nige2024-09-03 09:12

    See what happens when you get the terminology right.?