Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 257b with redesigned takeuchi tracks

Swannny · 2018-06-17 11:51

Anyone else see what this guy did to his tracks on his 257b? Pretty interesting.

Replies10
  1. #1CM19952018-06-17 12:06

    Why?

  2. #2John C.2018-06-17 14:06

    It looks like he moved the final drives forward and turned the track frames around backward. I'm not to clear on the benefits of doing that. The guy running the machine though is very good at it.

  3. #3Mark2502018-06-17 16:46

    me too

  4. #4DIYDAVE2018-06-17 19:39

    From the replies below vid, on youtube: Gery Garces Track did not switched around, it is completely redesign in order to put stronger track on. I now can run 5 times longer (or more) on this tracks compair to oridginal tracks. I did modify it to us machine on rocks and harsh terrain. Original tracks did last only 400 hours .

  5. #5Swannny2018-06-17 22:33

    Actually, Dave, I thought of you after I watched it the first time.

  6. #6DIYDAVE2018-06-18 06:11

    How have you been, Swanny? Still scrapin dirt?

  7. #7Swannny2018-06-18 15:12

    Pretty good, Dave. yah, still pushing anything in front of me...

  8. #8DIYDAVE2018-06-18 20:12

    Was out with the old asv, today, burs hogging, and grappling grape vines, fer 1/2 day. Sure was hot outside the wooded area I was workin, heard it got to 94ºF, on the news...

  9. #9Swannny2018-06-19 18:11

    Wow, your hydro temps were prob sizzling over a couple hundred degrees too.

  10. #10DIYDAVE2018-06-19 19:39

    Actually not too bad, I had had some problems earlier, this year, no lights comin on, but gots a couple decent blisters, on my thighs, where they touch the joystick boxes. After that I blew a couple lbs of dust outta the radiator, seems to have helped. Also took a coupla pieces of camper tape foam insulation, and stuck it where the boxes hit my legs... Still wanna pressure wash the radiator, just to see if more dirt comes out...