Im working (service) on this unit and am having issues with power (none) at my 2 pin connector for electric fuel pump and fuel pump is toast. Gave the pump 12V and nothing. Fuses are fine. Changed screen filter to pump and secondary filter (clear plastic container). Secondary wasn't full when unit came in and was starting/running fine. I've read these units can still run if the electric pump isn't working since the system is under suction. Can anyone help me with what relay I can check to see why I dont have 12v to my pump? It cranks but can't get pump to prime.
Which is it? Serial #?
It is a caterpillar 259D Compact track loader. Serial number CAT0259DPFTK00282
I've sent you a copy of the schematic. Check your messages.
On my 248B, the priming pump is activated by leaving the seat bar up, turning to CRANK momentarily, then leaving the key in RUN. Ironically, this is not what's in the operator's manual.
Similar issue with my 259d currently, any chance I could get a copy of the wiring? FTL01098
I'm having a similar issue. Any chance I can get a copy of the wiring?
Certainly, if you supply a Serial Number.
Unfortunately I can't. All the plates have been removed bought at auction, listed as 2017 by the engine. Thanks for the reply.
Got an engine serial number?
8HG5584 MODEL C3.3B
Did you check the location where the plate is supposed to be.? The machine Serial Number should be stamped on the machine frame right underneath where the plate was. If that number has been ground off, IMHO somebody had something to hide. Just because a machine has been through an auction is no reason to remove the S/No plates. 8HG prefix comes up as a generator, and by that I mean the electrical part not the engine. Got a photo of the plate.?
I've looked there and didn't see anything stamped or that there was any grinding done.
What about a photo of the engine S/N plate.?
This is the plate.
Gotcha........!! Machine S/N is FTL13164. Built 10th July 2017. I'll send you the correct electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages.
Thank you sir!
If you really wanted to you could visit your local Cat dealer and order a replacement (duplicate) Serial Number plate. There will be paperwork to go through but I'm reasonably sure it could be done.
How did you get to there Nige?
Yes sir. Do tell. I can't seem to work backwards from that particular engine serial number either.
You can't. Those small power unit 7-character Serial Numbers don't seem to have any searchability at all. The 345-3550 Engine Arrgt is only used on FTL-prefix 259D machines. That was the first clue. Then it was a case of randomly searching FTL S/Nos until the 2017 YOM came up. The engine numbers are not sequential like they generally are on larger machines but do follow some sort of pattern. The "8" is constant and the next two letters increase (starting from DA, DE, etc) as the year increases. It took me about 10 minutes to find the one I was looking for. Have you ever tried to open a combination padlock by trying every possible number one after the other until it opens...?
My brief case lock combination is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Nige needs to start an Only Fans !
Just a joke! But he should for real have a fund setup so we can buy him a beer (or drink of choice) when he helps us out!
Not sure if you’ve checked the pin that the fuse plugs into, mine wasn’t spread apart enough to keep pressure on the fuse leg, had to unpin it and pull it out from behind the fuse block to spread the pin apart.
I'll definitely check that.
Also need schematic FTL serial
There are three options for electrical schematic for an FTL-prefix machine depending on the Serial Number, last 5 digits in other words.
FTL07144
Check your messages.YHM.
Nige, could I get that as well. I am having same issue. FTL04462
Check your messages.
I’ve yet to find out why in-line pump will not cycle with key, so I created a fused jumper directly from battery, works for now. Skid does still take a long turnover period before it fires up. I’m guessing it’s clogged fuel line or something, after it sits over night the fuel inside of filter disappears down to about half full. Is there a sensor that would cut off that in-line via ecu?
Have you read and tried what I wrote in post #5 above? That's how our 248B is. Not sure if a 259D is same.
Yea on this skid it used to prime when you turned key to acc whether the safety things were up or down. I wonder if original poster found solution?
Can I get a copy of that same schematic thank you
Can I get a copy of that same schematic? Thank you.
Identifying the appropriate one will depend on your machine Serial Number.
Cranks won’t start
Schematic on the way. Check your messages. Please post a photo of the message panel in the upper RH corner of the cab.
View attachment IMG_0278.jpeg View attachment IMG_0276.jpeg View attachment IMG_0272.jpeg
Great, you have an Advanced Display. Please post a list of all the Active Diagnostic Codes and Events that are on the display - or are those 3 screen shots the total of what you have.?
View attachment IMG_0277.jpeg
Drive motor code is what I’m focused on first. I got the motor to run loose hose clamp sucking air in fuel system fixed
See attached.