Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D Series side window leak / removal

Cpaine · 2021-06-28 04:24

I think the D series machines are all the same as far as the glass but this rig is a 2014 259d enclosed cab. It appears that I have a rain water leak into the cab from the lowest spot on the glass window frame. Also, I don’t think the little drain hole is clogged, appears to drain water fine. I suspect it’s a simple seal issue but it looks like a good deal of work to remove the window frame from the cab. Not a show stopper problem by any means but it’s does get old when the cab gets all musty in the heat after a little rain. Has anyone had a similar issue and more importantly how do you remove the glass window frame (not just the sliding glass)? The glass could really use a heaving cleaning anyway. Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1Cpaine2021-07-01 16:20

    Wow, no one has removed the whole side window frame from these rigs? Anyone have a service manual? I guess I should get a manual, just call the cat dealer or is there a more cost effective place to get one? Thanks.

  2. #2heymccall2021-07-01 18:36

    9 screws per side, and cut the bonding.

  3. #3Cpaine2021-07-01 18:39

    Thanks for the reply, so it’s like a butyl type sealant I assume? Sounds like a good time, probably need a wire type windshield butyl cutter.

  4. #4heymccall2021-07-01 18:42
  5. #5heymccall2021-07-01 18:42
  6. #6heymccall2021-07-01 18:46

    This video shows the slider removal, but, he gives up on pulling the whole frame.

  7. #7Cpaine2021-07-12 22:44

    Nice, thanks for all the info! looks like a fun job for a darn water leak! also, I did find that video before I posted on this forum. I watched until he gave up, what a quitter! So, I didn’t know it existed when I searched “flowable silicone” but **** as poop it does. Going to give this a shot before I start ripping things apart! Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer, 1.5 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BKEBO0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D5CS9384PF5WZA6QPSP4