Hello, I have a 2015 CAT 25D with Product ID Number CAT0259DCFTL03660. A couple months ago the Driver Alert (square with exclamation point) lamp began to stay on. I used the operation and maintenance manual guidance in attempts to resolve without success. It never caused any apparent issues. Recently, the Parking Brake Indicator and the Engine Condition Indicator stay on after the estop reset is pressed. When this happens, the Driver Alert also flashes. The ops manual discusses some possible air filter issues which I have tried to focus on but have not been successful. Does anyone have any advise an how all of these may relate to one another. Thank you.
When the ECI illuminates is it Amber or Red.? Have you tried draining the bowl under the fuel filter to remove any water that may be present.? Have you attempted to access Diagnostic Codes using the RH instrument panel.?
Welcome to the Forums j001! Glad to have you. You're in good hands with Nige and I suggest you follow his advice.
Thank you for the reply. The Driver Alert and Engine Condition lamps are always amber. When the Driver alert came on a few months ago, I went through all of the "Level 1" diagnostic guidance in the ops and maint. manual including draining the fuel separator. I'm afraid I don't know how to access the Diagnostic Codes.
Hopefully we can sort that out for you, but before going into the instructions does your RH panel look like the first illustration below or the 2nd.? I suspect it is the 1st but want to make sure.
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm working on this as time allows. I have attached a picture of my cluster/controls. Let me know if this helps.
It does, but unfortunately in a good way. That is the only design of RH panel where you CANNOT access Diagnostic Codes & Events using the keypad. I'm afraid that to communicate with the machine is going to require Cat ET. Not necessarily a dealer task if you can find a local independent shop/mechanic who has ET.
Thank you very much for your help. I will keep this thread updated with any new findings.
Do you have the means to trailer the machine to your local Cat dealer.? If so you could have them connect to it while it's still on the trailer and download a Product Status Report (aka PSR) which they could give to you as a pdf file. I dunno how they charge but maybe 1 hour labour.? Once you have the PSR it's a relatively easy (hopefully) procedure to go through all the Diagnostic Codes and figure out what's causing your problems.
That sounds like a good idea and I may do that. Thank you again for you help.
If you go that route then please come back once you have the PSR and give us a download of what was found.
Similar issues here. However, my flashing amber exclamation light appears when I attempt to disengage the parking brake. After warm up when I disengage the parking brake, the hydraulic lock out light turns off, P brake light stays on and exclamation (flashing amber) light begins flashes (no audible alarm, so level 2) When I press the parking brake a second time both lights turn off. For me, it is time for a new primary and secondary air filter (definitely what my issue is), fuel filter and oil change.