Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota 97-3

PlumberRob · 2024-02-06 10:12

Does anyone on here have any idea when Kubota will release the 97-3 model?

Replies33
  1. #1Stomper772024-10-05 21:05

    Well i just seen a video from messicks said coming 2025

  2. #2Hysert2024-10-06 08:39

    It's was released at contract 2024 this week! Only seeing it on TikTok, it's got the new cab, hinged rad that swings out, looks like fuel and hydro fills have switched sides? Access panels on the side for the lift cylinders, apparently auto shifting.... I was really hoping for the rad to be relocated to the top like the 75-3 and basically everyone else, as I hate washing the belly out every 500hrs

  3. #3KSSS2024-10-06 13:00

    But have they addressed the SCR issues?

  4. #4Hysert2024-10-06 16:12

    3000hrs on my 95, 1 oem update never had a problem!!!

  5. #5Stomper772024-10-06 18:30

    Yeah from what I've heard the -2s never had any issues

  6. #6FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-10-09 20:14

    @KSSS super vague, what in your opinion are "the SCR issues"

  7. #7Stomper772024-10-09 21:49

    Mostly i think it was a sensor in the def tank that gave most of the problems

  8. #8KSSS2024-10-10 00:48

    Its not my opinion. Research it on this forum (here is one I quickly found} but there have been many other discussions about it. Tree mulcher below expresses his issues. Takeuchi TL 12v2 Derate and Alarm​ ​ Many issues have been reported with the Kubota SCR issues and as indicated here. Its not only the Kubota machines but the machines that use that 3.8 engine. Taki, and Cat both have related many DEF issues with that engine. It is no secret. One equipment seller here in my area would not take a Kubota SCR machine as a trade in, simply due to the DEF issues. I thought the comments after the post were joking. No issues? Thats laughable.​

  9. #9FLYWHEEL PRIME2024-10-16 19:54

    You're just posting more opinions though. This is no different than the Ford vs GM vs Chrysler debate, lots of opinions and "my cousin that works at a dealership said this" hearsay type stuff. I'm not saying anybody is wrong, but there is no actionable data in any of this. That's why my question was "what is your opinion on the problem". Is it something mechanical like poor metallurgy? Is it sensor problems that @Stomper77 seems to be leaning towards? If it isn't so common that you can't point to key failures, then the whole opinion is no better than gossip at the nail salon. One reference point of a random guy talking about Billy the Salesboy at his local dealership not taking trade-ins makes me chuckle.

  10. #10KSSS2024-10-16 21:18

    I have no idea why they have failures. I am not sure Kubota knows for sure, if they did, maybe they would fix it. Here is an example I know of personally. The Taki dealer here had a 12V2 that they never could fix the DEF issues with the Kubota engine. The machine was auctioned off, had like 1200 hours on it. They simply aren't that reliable, and yes that is my opinion, but that is based on the issues that come across here and the information that I come across being in the industry. Maybe you think the failure rate is acceptable, and that too is your opinion. PM Treemulcher on this forum, and ask about the thread I mentioned above, I am sure he will go into great actionable detail for you.

  11. #11ozarkag2024-10-16 22:40

    Not just Scr and Def, the engine/ fuel system has had a abnormally high failure rate. And I can point to a specific failure. . Fuel injectors. And they tend to take a psiton out when they fail. Why, i have no idea. Kubota to their credit has had several filter updates on the 95s for this reason.

  12. #12PlumberRob2024-10-17 09:34

    Kubota must have done something to address the failure's and scr/def issues. The 95 and 97 share the same engine, but the 97(from what I have seen) have a small percentage of problems compared to the 95. If that trend continues, the 97-3 should be that much more reliable.

  13. #13Hysert2024-10-29 18:41

    Like I said before, 3k hrs on mine and nothing but 1 update to def system, otherwise I pound it's *** daily... the noisy/dusty cab and amount of dirt collected in the belly are my issues! I'm waiting to see a new -3 but I'm gonna definitely be pricing a 333p next too

  14. #14lake side bob2024-11-26 15:36

    As I recall a while back you communicated you were switching from Case skid steers to Caterpillar, something about Case changing the engines they were installing in the machines and the lack of torque out of the new engines as I recall, I may be wrong. So if the Cat machines have the 3.8 Kubota engines what has been your experience? Just wondering while I contemplate a nice turkey dinner in a couple hours. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

  15. #15Stomper772024-11-27 05:07

    I have yet to get a cat ctl, but they now use perkins instead of kubota, i really like the new 265, i will either get it or a kubota when time comes, the kubota about 20k less

  16. #16KSSS2024-11-27 08:54

    I never said I was switching to CAT and have never owned one. I demoed a 272 in 2018, that I liked running. I bought a CASE SV340 in that instance and still have it. I have not run a 265, they do look nice.

  17. #17Hysert2024-12-14 21:04

    We have ordered a new 97-3, demoed a 331p it was a dog!! Hydraulic power was embarrassing compared to my 95-2.... they quoted me $166 plus tax (13%) for a 333p..... cat was about the same and bobcat too.... not to mention trade was 10k different, the -3 was $123k for my needs it just fine! I will surely welcome the new cab

  18. #18Stomper772024-12-14 21:13

    Where are you shopping? I got a qoute of $85k for a 97-3

  19. #19southernman132024-12-15 03:25

    Do they have a better ac filtration system. My biggest complaint other than that I’ve had good service. And why can’t they make a blower in the cab that has more force. I know it’s reduced when the system clogs up but even brand new it’s not impressive

  20. #20Stomper772024-12-15 06:51

    They mentioned its better in a video i watched but not real sure until you can actually get in one and try it

  21. #21southernman132024-12-15 10:12

    Tenfo thanks

  22. #22MG842024-12-15 11:57

    He's in Canada, I thought the same thing when he posted those prices....

  23. #23southernman132024-12-15 12:04

    Tenfo thanks

  24. #24Stomper772024-12-15 12:15

    Ooh, that makes sense

  25. #25wsr378252024-12-17 09:38

    The price difference between Kubota,and Cat, Deere,& BC in Canadian money is about $46K, In US money about $34K. So my 2 questions are, 1.Why? 2.And is there that much more value difference between?

  26. #26Hysert2025-01-05 09:06

    I'm in Canada man! Do you see who runs this country? 51st state please!!!

  27. #27Stomper772025-01-05 15:08

    Gotcha

  28. #28wsr378252025-02-12 17:15

    I was picking up filters & fluid today, I asked 1 of equipment salesman when the 97-3 would on the lot, Said he got update this AM, looks like late spring/early summer, hopefully May/June.

  29. #29Stomper772025-02-12 17:22

    Nice

  30. #30PlumberRob2025-06-24 10:35

    I know many on here will think I'm crazy, but I passed on the 97-3 and bought a new(24') 97-2 instead. Price difference was only +-$6k. Realistically the only changes are the info screen(keyed start,radio,camera,etc.) and ease of Maintenace (the radiator pivots out 90 degrees). As much as I like those items, I like the simplicity of less electronics more. After owning our 2021 Covid era Bobcat T76 and having electronic problem after problem, I like our simpler(older) Takeuchi's better. Just get in, turn the key and run the machine. Monitoring engine components is great, but too much monitoring is a real nuisance(imo). One thing that I did notice about the 97-3 and forgot to ask about it, it has sensitivity adjustment for the hydraulics for the drive joystick(not sure about the loader joystick). So that tells me that they incorporated electronics somehow into the hydraulic controls, I don't like that. I want full hydraulic over hydraulic controls for everything. Another reason I went with the -2. Besides having DEF, I think the 97-2 is one of the last "old school" feeling machines and I hope it lasts a long time because I hate the new electronic over hydraulics on all new CTL's.

  31. #31southernman132025-06-24 13:03

    I thought they’d be making super deals on the -2’s. I haven’t checked in my area if I were to get a new one I’d prob get a -2 as well

  32. #32PlumberRob2025-06-25 15:55

    Do you have a good location for a battery disconnect? Did you install one on your 95? Not as worried about theft as I am with others running our equipment on jobs when we are not around.

  33. #33southernman132025-06-25 17:21

    I haven’t even thought about that. Ours is always under our thumb hehe