Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 259D sensor voltage errors

Steve03 ยท 2022-08-16 08:04

2204-3 Auxiliary Lever #1 Position Sensor Voltage Above Normal 2475-3 Right joystick Forward/Reverse position sensor voltage above normal 2477-3 Right Joystick left/right position sensor voltage above normal I am unable to move the bucket at all and I assume that has to do with the "right joystick" errors, but what does the Auxilary lever one mean and what do I do for all of these errors? Thank you. If helpful, I can give the serial number to someone that thinks they can help. Thank you.

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2022-08-16 09:17

    I have the troubleshooting procedures for the three Codes you list above. To fully carry them out you will require the electrical schematic for the machine. To identify the correct one will require the machine Serial Number because there are 9 different models of 259D and some of them even have breaks in the range where there is a different schematic above & below the S/N break.

  2. #2Nige2022-08-16 15:03

    Here are the troubleshooting procedures.

  3. #3Steve032022-08-16 18:22

    Thank you very much, it looks like I have my work cut out for me.

  4. #4Steve032022-09-15 09:35

    I am finally going to take a shot at this today and then some more this weekend. I am going to start with the 2204-3 error and work from there. "The procedure states "At the machine harness connector for the ECM, insert...." Given that I have never done this with this machine, where is the ECM located? Do I need to lift the CAB in order to get to it?

  5. #5Nige2022-09-15 10:43

    You really ought to have an electrical schematic but it requires the machine Serial Number to identify the correct one. The schematic also has illustrations of the machine components so it would answer your "where is the ECM located?" question as well.

  6. #6Steve032022-09-15 10:56

    You did send me the schematics as posted to this thread. Also, where is the "hydraulic lockout switch?" and how do I move the sensor through the full range? Does the sensor mean the joystick? Thank you very much.

  7. #7Nige2022-09-15 11:05

    If you are referring to the 3 documents attached above they are the troubleshooting procedures for the Diagnostic Codes. Each one has an "abbreviated" electrical schematic on it, but what I'm referring to is a document that could be up to 20 pages long containing the complete electrical schematic for the machine. You really need that one as well.

  8. #8Steve032022-09-15 11:24

    You did, it must have been directly to message, but it is 4 large/oversizeed pages.

  9. #9Nige2022-09-15 11:32

    Oh, OK. I must have deleted the message somehow. Well for a start the component locations are on that full schematic. Look at the "Rear Cab Wiring" on Page 1, it shows the ECM in purple. The hydraulic lockout switch is #15. Press the top of the switch inwards to disable the implement system, return it to the centre position to reactivate. It sounds as though you don't even have an Operation/Maintenance Manual.