Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259D3 Fuel Pump

Hunter013 · 2026-08-12 12:05

S/N: CW929044 I have a small fleet of 259D3's and ive had a few of the fuel pumps go out. Cat only offers the whole filter, head and pump as an assembly (662-7704) for $800. Cat shows just the pump part number (630-4493), but they dont sell it yet. I've see lots of different options for very similar looking pumps online, I just don't know which one would be close enough to fit (Duty cycle, gpm/gph and reliablity all being factors).

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2026-08-14 18:20

    They are total electronic engines and only the exact model will work from what I know. Maybe someone else will tell you otherwise. Simon C

  2. #2Chrisso2026-08-15 19:02

    I think that’s just the risk you take when you buy anything aftermarket. EBay has listings that quote that Cat part number. What’s the worst that could happen?

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-08-17 12:59

    I’d give it a try, or as the Universal parts guy on here.

  4. #4Old Syko2026-08-18 08:56

    Most aftermarket items are aftermarket but a handful of items can be picked up that are OEM or equal for pennies on the dollar. It's just the chance you take unless you can contact the original source.