I have a 2008 CAT 262c skid steer (serial *CAT0262CCMST00266*) that is giving some strange electrical issues. Everything inside the cab powers on with key. But, inop fuel gauge, fuel pump not powering on, lap bar/seat switches inop, no crank no start. Have verified all fuses, relays, power, ground is good everywhere. It is not getting j1939 signal (canbus) on my cat com III adapter/ET. The advanced display on the machine however is still functional and able to pull stored codes from ecm (nothing related to current issues). I did not see any wiring issues jumping out at me. Figured I would pick you alls brains before I pull the ecm to have it bench tested. Thanks in advance
Do you have an electrical schematic.? If not, would you like one.? That would help you check powers and grounds to the ECM as well as a load of other stuff. What Active Diagnostic Codes are showing on ET.? It would be extremely useful if you could download a Product Status Report and post it up.
That would be great
Check your message inbox. If you can download and post up a PSR that would be appreciated.
not sure it will give me a PSR if ET is only connecting to the cdl side, but I will check when I get back to the machine. Pretty much the only info it would give me is ecm/machine serial. It would not load any type of useful data. The stored codes I was able to pull off advanced display were low voltage codes presumably from leaving key on doing diag. I purchased this machine as is with this issue
This is something I've seen before. You may have to update the firmware in your Comm Adapter to get it to communicate. It may be the case that you need an oscilloscope to diagnose the CAN network.
Was looking at schematic and there is a lot of powers and grounds to be checked out as ^^^Nige said here. Problem is that we see them on the schematic but have no way of knowing which one controls which part of the ECM's. They can be followed to the ends and tested which might divulge something. Simon C