Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 262C Hydraulic Couplers

D3DaveC ยท 2012-09-27 22:55

I recently purchased my first skid steer, Cat 262C and want to put a grapple attachment on but looking at the hydraulic couplers I don't think I've seen this type before. Does Cat have their own style of hydraulic couplers? Could I take them off and install pioneer couplers or are these things sized to some hard to find metric thing? Do I have to buy the couplers from Cat? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1KSSS2012-09-28 09:55

    Assuming the factory flat face couplers have not been removed, those couplers are an industry standard coupler, compatible with other OEM machines and attachments. Do not take those off and put Pioneer ends on them. You can buy the same coupler at CAT or any dealership or for a better price go to a hydraulic hose shop and they likely have the couplers (or the internet).

  2. #2MartinD2012-09-29 12:51

    I have to agree with KSSS, Flat face are far superior to pioneer, cleaner and more durable, no recessed are to collect dirt. Readily available, can be found at Princess Auto here in Canada.

  3. #3hjetty2012-10-07 10:33

    KSSS and martinD are right on track. i do alot of tree work and have broke more than I care to count i ended up getting a o-ring to pipe hyd fitting so i could use female pipe port couplers that are on the shelf at our local hyd shop. the hyd shop said the flat face fitting would out last a pioneer coupler 4 to 1. if the fittings are sticking out and you keep snaping them off do what we did, i got some 45 degree oring fittings and made some short hoses between the hyd block and the couplers.

  4. #4D3DaveC2012-10-07 17:04

    I went to a hydraulic shop and bought flat face couplers, very nice to work with and easy to clean. Thanks

  5. #5hjetty2012-10-07 17:20

    I'm a tight wad sometimes when they won't come a part or go together easily, I will file or emory paper the rough edges that start to form on the male ends. once when stranded in the field and wanted to be done with a job, the fitting i had with me had a small screw in side the inlet port. I messed with this until I got them put together. after that i realized it was easier to file on the male effective is never crude good luck

  6. #6durallymax2012-10-11 20:27

    I hope your shops math is off because you can buy 10 pioneer ends for the price of the couplers for the skid steers. Just being a smarta$$ though, they are a superior coupler for a skid steer even if they do cost an arm and a leg. Most OEM's and hydro shops have them, if you're in a pinch and nobody has them any good dealer that you do business with would likely rob them. As with any coupler keep them clean and theyll last forever. The biggest issue we have is guys getting lazy and beating the release ring with a hammer or makeshift hammer because they didn't release the pressure, or its too mangled up from the last time they got lazy.

  7. #7DHH2012-10-12 10:13

    The flat face couplers are more expensive, but as with all things, you can get a good price if you know where to look. DiscountHydraulicHose.com sells 1/2" flat face couples for less than $50 a set (includes one male and one female). You can get even lower prices if you buy in quantity. ISO 16028 Flat Face Hydraulic Quick Disconnects