Hey all - Was wondering if anyone else out there has recently purchased the new Cat 272D? A friend of mine / business partner just traded in his 262C and couldn't be more disappointed. The new 272D's have a drive by wire system - and the response time is beyond horrible. The unit feels like the hydraulics are -20C at all times - 1/2 second delay on responsiveness (at least) making it almost a danger on the jobsite; Cat has updated the software without effect. Traction is far below par up here in the canadian snow (stuck in 3" snow on a 10% grade); not to mention the new body and cab seem to be made out of tin foil. I was considering trading - but I'll hold on to my 267B and her minor problems for now. I feel badly for the guy, figured I would check on here to see if anyone else has gripes or suggestions? Shawn
Shawn, Wanted to give you feedback, first off the new 272D is about the biggest disappointment I have ever had with a Cat. I'm on my second machine in 6 weeks, the first machine had 8.2 hrs when the hydraulic system blew up, they brought me a new machine. So we just got our first snow of the year, started plowing at 6", the tires were upgraded to the 17.5 for speed. Put chains on and headed out to make some $$$, not, the inside of the cab is so loud that you need ear protection to sit in the cab, not sure why i wasted $$$ on a stereo, secondally in 2nd gear this machine can't push up a 8-10% grade without falling on its face, glad we still have our 262C and 272C those are good quality machines, not sure what happened to Cat, but there quality standards have fallen well below my expectations, on to Bobcat i suppose.