how much would it cost to replace the tracks on a cat 277 multi-terrain loader that are 18 inches wide?
just the tracks will cost about $3400 a piece. Depending on the undercariage, you could be looking at much more. you doing the work yourself?
Here is a new one I just thought of C.ant A.fford T.racks Sorry its an on going post on another forum.
i would but not since there so expensive i dont think i would replace them at all
yeah I'm getting away from the cat track machines all together. they're too costly and a pan in the azz to work on. I would say do it your self if you decide to buy new tracks. cat would probably charge an arm and leg, plus they'll try and convince you you new new rollers, bearing, idlers or anything else they can say is warn out. I've always run my cats to the point that the track are about to fall off.
They are expensive to replace but the 277 is the best grading machine ever sold in my opinion. They could walk on water, had the power, and would give you a ride like a car.
Maybe you guys can help me on this one. I have been a tire guy, but over the last couple years I really have been thinking about tracks. I do alot of digging in black dirt and driving on tar at times. Not sure if I should trade or not. What are your thoughts?? :Banghead
I don't really know what black dirt is, but if you're going to run it on tar a lot, you probably shoudn't switch. My personal feeling is, if you have a tire machine, and you're always wishing you had tracks, you should probably have them. We have 5 or 6 rubber track machines and only 1 tire machine. Can't say we follow my advice about not running the track machines on the road but we try not too. Maybe you should rent one and if it works better for you it might be cost effective to have the tracks even if you're wearing them down faster.
The tracks are expensive, I just paid $5600 for the pair (plus tax) for my 287. I do however, think they are worth it, due to the productivity of the machine. it is not right everywhere, but it can really perform. I graded a 3 to 1 slope a while back in blow sand that a D-4 or D-5 dozer would not touch. Also, the speed and control in a wide variety of uses keeps me hooked on the tracks. It can work where a wheeled machine will just sit and spin. I also use the forks a lot, and tracks are far more stable. I know what its rated for, but I regularly pick 5 to 6000 LB loads with my 287, and I have not seen a wheel machine that will touch those loads. This lets me do work with a machine that I can towbehind a pickup that normally would need a much bigger machine to complete
Thanks guys!!! I think I'm just going to rent one and see what I can do. I might rent a cat or ASV. What do you think? Bobcat is a great machine and I really like mine but I hear ASV has a great track system? Say by the way! Check this web site out and tell me what you think about this product. www.paumco.com Click on the quick spade link. Everyone is talking about it around here. I first saw this unit in use down in Southern Georgia. I was impressed. I think I'm going to pick one up forsure. Looks like a time saver and a big saver on our backs. Thanks again for all your help guys. This is a great web site.
makes sense... but id rather just have a complete unit then on the end of forks. and i dont know about just digging with it. but seems usefull for other uses
Hey there I just talked to a guy in Texas that has one to see what he thought. He said it's amazing how fast he can dig with it. I asked him if he would rather just by a u-blade as a complete unit. He said he has one and the problem with a u-blade he said is that it is a whole another unit you have to bring to the site. Which I can agree. he said to get the quick spade combo. Then you can put it on your bucket or forks. So I think I'm going to order one. Northern tool has them already and I asked them how many they sell. The lady said it is one of there hottest items already this year. So I'm going to see what I can do with it.
if you have the work, I would rent as many brands as you can. I can't comment on the asv machine but I have a few cats and there track systems are garbage. they are made by asv. I dont know about the 08 models but the previous ones were junk. Im not a takeuchi salesman but i highly recommend them. but as you probably heard they have a much harder ride. almost feel like you're in a dozer. I have nothing against and brands what so ever, i just think the takeuchi/gehl/mustang machines are very impressive for a small machine. like i said, try them all.
Hey Bonanno How is the weather up there. I hear people talking about there is going to be a lot of work up there this summer for landscaping. Is that true?
What attachment are you using for grading? jmf
S185, With my experince is that a track machine does a great job grading black dirt; base; etc. It also has about double the operating cost of a tire machine and as you have heard pretty much everyone say tracks are expensive! I can put a lot of tires on for those dollars! I have an S300 and I work on hard surfaces about 50% of time. I just do not care for tracks on hard surface, especially twisting and turning as much as I have too. (I don't like the tire machine jumping around sometimes either ) I not saying that track machines are bad just put alot of thought into your application before making that decision because each machine has its place.
Right now its about 50degrees out. Its been nice the last few weeks, but you never know. Could still snow. As far as the landscaping this season, its hit or miss I'd say. Long Island is extemely expensive to live on and with the fuel prices and the rest of the crap going on in th world, I'm not sure. The people with money ( upperclass ) will always be in the market for landscaping. I would say for myself I have plenty of work lined up. you thinking of coming moving here?
Just a standard digging bucket with teeth. Done right with good dry dirt I can make it look like the landscapers ran a power rake over the yard. They love coming in behind me to rake and seed a yard. They always know they won't have much work to do.