Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 277b lifting the cab

brabe ยท 2009-08-21 17:13

anybody know the procedure for lifting the cab on a 2005 277b thanks bryan

Replies4
  1. #1Squizzy246B2009-08-21 19:29

    Can't say I have ever done one on a 277B but all the other B's are very simple...just pull the two securing bolts at the front of the cab and up she goes.

  2. #23thirteen2009-08-25 19:28

    Squizzy is right. There are two bolts (15/16 " socket I think) at the front. One at each corner. Yank those out ( pay attention to how the rubber mounts and plates go) and pull up on the cab. What are you doing under the cab?

  3. #3brabe2009-08-29 18:25

    thanks it came right up i was cleaning the belly out near the engine compartment and saw a place where i could clean the front of the machine if i could lift the cab thanks for the reponse

  4. #4willie592009-08-29 19:46

    Whenever I am going to raise cab of a skid for repairs or washing; I always first drop the bucket (those latch pins need to be worked occasionaly anyhow ), raise the loader arms and install the safety prop, then raise the cab and lock off. Now you don't have to deal with the loader arms in your way to do your thing. Makes working on a skid a bit more pleasant...if that's even possible?