Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 287b track motor hose diagram

antpoo ยท 2018-08-04 10:09

hello, I have blown a track motor hose today and I am having difficulty removing hose. I need to now where the hose connects to the pump. Does anybody have a diagra, of this, I have searched the web for the last 3 hours but cannot find a thing Thanks and regards Andy

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2018-08-04 10:42

    Does the hose happen to have a Part Number on an aluminium tag anywhere on it..?

  2. #2antpoo2018-08-04 20:21

    No, not that I can see ATM, it has a thick cover protecting it. I will try to undo the last 2 bolts where hose meets motor today, but I was hoping to get diagram so I could see where the hose meets the pump. I may be able to wiggle hose around and find that way, but as I am only one man, I'm not sure I can wiggle hose and observe it from around the pump area at the same time. Serial number is ZSA but not sure of numbers yet

  3. #3antpoo2018-08-04 22:35
  4. #4antpoo2018-08-04 22:36
  5. #5antpoo2018-08-04 22:38

    should I re -end and lose an inch of length? Or replace entire hose?

  6. #6Cmark2018-08-04 23:41

    Replace the entire thing and put your safety strut in.

  7. #7antpoo2018-08-05 02:16

    I found the diagram and wil post for future reference.

  8. #8Cris Clarksville2020-07-06 11:43

    I have the same problem. Got the hoses removed from the drive motor but would like to know where they go to on the pump inside the cab since they are very difficult to trace and do not budge much. Please anyone with a picture or schematic chime in. Thank you in advance!

  9. #9Nige2020-07-06 11:51

    Serial Number..?

  10. #10Cris Clarksville2020-07-06 12:09

    ZSA02575. Thank you!

  11. #11Nige2020-07-06 14:58

    RH Side

  12. #12Nige2020-07-06 15:00

    LH Side

  13. #13Cris Clarksville2020-07-06 21:22

    Sir, Thank you for the schematic. I actually had that one and was looking more for the schematic that shows how the hoses come off the pump under the cab. Thanks for the help anyway, I really appreciate it! V/R Cris

  14. #14Nige2020-07-07 08:37

    Is this any good..? Unfortunately the Parts Manual drawings are not that great.

  15. #151466IH2020-07-08 11:26

    If you have the cab up and are looking at the machine from the front they are on your right on the hydrostatic pump which is the back pump closest to the engine. You will have to reach in through the track frame and remove the clamp that holds the hoses where they come through the machine lower frame. Send me a pm if you need more info. Definitely do not cut off the hose and try to crimp on a new fitting. Those hoses are a bear to begin with and would hate to have to try and get one on that is too short