Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 289D3

ojetismo · 2024-07-19 06:38

Hi all, I'm new here, it is my first post. I registered because I've found very helpful information about CAT 289D3. The thing I couldn't find is the electrical diagram of this connector: I need to know which PINS work with the buttons on the joystick. Also I need to know which is the negative pole but I assume that information would be on the diagram. Thanks in advance!! Ibán

Replies24
  1. #1Chrisso2024-07-19 06:58

    Welcome Iban. I reckon all that info is in the Operation & Maintenance Manual. Do you have one behind your seat?

  2. #2ojetismo2024-07-19 07:07

    I work in an mulcher fabrication company, and we need this information to build the female connector that matches the one in CAT 289. And I called the CAT Spanish distributor and they aren't capable of give any information... Sadly. And Thanks Chrisso for answering me!!

  3. #3Nige2024-07-19 07:56

    Welcome Ibán. You will probably require a complete electrical schematic for the machine because the illustration of the connector (see below) only shows wire numbers and colours but not functions or any indication where they are connected at the other end. You also have to be mindful that the joystick buttons are only input signals to the Machine ECM, which (if applicable) in turn sends signals to the various pins on the connector in your illustration. Post a machine Serial Number, I'll see what I can find.

  4. #4ojetismo2024-07-19 08:27

    Dear Nige, Thanks for the attached document. I will ask my client if he can provide me that information. But he is from another country, and the hole process has been difficult to say the least... By the way, I am amazed that I could find this Forum and people like you so willing to help. I'll keep you updated. Thanks you so much!!

  5. #5Nige2024-07-20 05:58

    Hi Ibán The problem is that there are 5 different electrical schematics listed for the 289D3 machine model depending on Serial Number. You really require the one appropriate to the S/N of the machine you are dealing with, despite the fact that I suspect the functions of this part of the machine wiring are the same for all of them. Question: How much hydraulic oil flow does the mulcher require.? Because there are two selectable flow options using that connector depending on the flow that is required. This also depends if the machine is equipped with the higher-flow options for Auxiliary Hydraulics, which are not standard fitment.

  6. #6ojetismo2024-07-22 02:59

    Now at least I know that the PIN named as "B" is negative pole... I'm trying to get information from my client but no success at the moment. Our mulcher has this requirements: -- 96-106 l/m -- 260 bar I think they should work on the High Flow. But not sure. Thanks NIGE!!

  7. #7Nige2024-07-22 05:11

    A High Flow XPS machine is rated at 121 litres/min maximum flow and 28 bar maximum pressure so that should work. The comparative figures for Standard Flow are only 86 l/m and 23 bar maximum pressure. To trigger High Flow you need to jumper Pin K (wire C460 Blue) to Pin B (ground). Every 289D3 is built with one of three "Performance Packages". As you can see below only package H3 includes the High Flow option. That is why the machine Serial Number is important to see which of the three packages it was built with. Performance Package H1: Standard Flow Hydraulics. No Self Level. Performance Package H2: Standard Flow, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level (Raise and Lower), Work Tool Return to Dig, Work Tool Positioner, and Electronic Snubbing (Raise and Lower) Performance Package H3: High Flow XPS, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level (Raise and Lower), Work Tool Return to Dig, Work Tool Positioner, and Electronic Snubbing (Raise and Lower

  8. #8ozarkag2024-07-23 23:04

    Another thread on here posted this link . .. Skid Steer Genius Find the correct adapter, harness, controller or kit to make your Skid Steer machine compatible with almost any attachment. Our products work with Bobcat, John Deere, Caterpillar, Case, Kubota and more. Visit our website to learn more! www.skidsteergenius.com

  9. #9ojetismo2024-07-24 01:33

    We received the same information, K to activate the High Flow. And B to ground. Finally, we did some tests, it seems that the PIN'S C and D are activated by two buttons on the RH Joystick. So we will use those. Our machine has a solenoid Valve to divide the flow between the hydraulic motor and a cylinder that actuates a door. This solenoid valve needs an electric signal to do its thing. And we think that using C and D we will be able to give the electrical signal to it. I'm sorry if I explained myself poorly... And, I forgot, I did find a electrical schematics for these models but it was impossible to understand to me! By the way, I'm very grateful to you for all your help and time. I'll be connected to this forum to try to return the help you gave me in any ways. Best regards!!

  10. #10ojetismo2024-07-24 01:37

    Ohhh!! That's a very nice web!! A lot of valuable information there! Thanks!!

  11. #11ozarkag2024-07-24 10:56
  12. #12ojetismo2024-07-25 01:16

    I am speechless...!!!!!! That's like the holy grail for us right now!! Seriuosly, I know I'm repeating myself too much but I want to say it either way. THANKS!! I've asking all the main brands for this information, because we were developing this new solution and it has been maddening... And then I found all of you. Well, if you someday need anything related with machinery (agricultural, forestry...), whatever could be, write me and I'll do my best to help. Best regards!!

  13. #13TXRweather2025-03-20 19:21

    Hey Nige, you wouldn't happen to have access to electrical schematics for a 2021 289D3 XPS, would you? It is the H3 package.

  14. #14Nige2025-03-20 19:32

    Model years mean nothing I'm afraid. Need a Serial Number.

  15. #15TXRweather2025-03-20 19:35

    JX906025

  16. #16Nige2025-03-20 19:39

    check your message inbox

  17. #17skipn56562025-12-13 17:47

    Hello all. I am new to the forum and not sure if this is the correct place to be. I would like to find out if my 289D3 is high flow. If it is not high flow can it be converted or is that not cost effective. I gave the cat dealer the vin and they said there was no information about it. Any suggestions?

  18. #18Nige2025-12-13 18:05

    Try posting the machine Serial Number. We aren't mind readers.

  19. #19skipn56562025-12-14 12:29

    DHJX911475

  20. #20Nige2025-12-14 13:23

    It's not High Flow, or at least it didn't originally leave the factory as High Flow. From the Serial Number it only takes a couple of minutes to figure out the answer. There is no kit that I can see listed to convert your machine into a High Flow, which means that someone needs to get intimately acquainted with the Parts Manual to figure out what parts will be needed for the conversion. Attached a document showing how a High Flow Kit is installed on a 259D3, a machine similar to (but smaller than) yours, just to give you an idea of the work involved.

  21. #21Saidijalel2025-12-14 15:27

    Post a machine serial number I will give u it

  22. #22smifwal2025-12-14 16:41

    This my plug for my Cat A68 high flow auger, I have another for my high flow brush cutter

  23. #23skipn56562025-12-15 17:39

    Thank you for your time and the information.

  24. #24nicoola0182026-04-06 14:28

    Hello every body, I have 289d, 2016 year with H3 package, serial number taw05718. I want to connect an asphalt milling machine. Does this scheme also apply to this model?