Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 297c engine

Russell McBain · 2023-01-26 13:30

Very new here, I have a 2008 cat 297c that needs a new engine, or reman.. my vin is CAT0297GAGCP01201, What engine is in this? What I can see online is that it’s a C3.4, but a parts place told me it was a 3044c, are they the same, or not quite? Thanks!!

Replies6
  1. #1Angry Mike2023-01-26 22:10

    All I'm seeing is C3.4 S/N GCP 750-1501. P/N 297-8075 S/N GCP 1502 and up P/N 319-6907

  2. #2Angry Mike2023-01-26 22:12

    Do you have the S/N off the engine?

  3. #3Russell McBain2023-01-26 22:47

    Thanks Mike, it’s hard to get to it, it should be on the left side.. and lots of crud. Short answer, no.

  4. #4Russell McBain2023-01-26 22:48

    I think if I drop the bottom pan I might be able to see it.

  5. #5heymccall2023-01-26 22:52
  6. #6Russell McBain2023-01-26 23:05

    Thank you, that takes any guessing out..