Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299C CAB shock help

bsamot69 · 2022-09-01 10:43

Good morning, one of the cab lift supports on our CAT 299C skid steer came off, pin broke, and I need some ideas to collapse the shock to get it back on. Or any other ideas. That is one buff shock. Thank you in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1ahart2022-09-01 15:38

    I raise the cab all the way and put the shocks on fully extended. I don’t think you’d ever get something to hold the shock in the collapsed position to install it with the cab down

  2. #2Vetech632022-09-01 17:02

    ^this

  3. #3bsamot692022-09-02 08:53

    So, the cab does raise higher, enough to fit shock in? That's great news. I'll have more wheaties this morning and make it so. Thank you

  4. #4Tyler d4c2022-09-02 09:36

    On my 279 it wouldn't I had to pull it together a bit with a 500 point tugit