Im working on the AC on this cat 299c skid steer . Everything is removed and I'm stuck on the condenser. I read that it's behind the hydraulic tank. Removes the tank, no, not there. I see it nestled in its spot as I look from the top of machine. How do I remove the condenser?? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. The serial number is JSP 00243 . Thank you in advance
Im replying to my own post. I accessed the condenser from the back of machine. Have to remove hose to air cleaner, the hose to turbo and i removed the metal neck for hose. Its a tight fit to pull out condenser, lots of colorful language. I conta ted CAT support and the technician on phone emailed me the pages from workshoop manual. Very helpful
If it's like my old 248b, the condenser fans can go bad. With that said, oem required shroud removal to undo the mounting nuts. Once out, I used fender u nuts on the shroud to bolt up the fans. Since you're in there, check to see if the fans require shroud removal to service. And power each fan up to see if their both functional.