I have a 2016 cat 299d2 standard flow and I have had a few problems with the aux hydraulic flow. The first incident was loss of flow in one direction while operating my broom. Switched the hoses and same circuit flow as in the broom worked both directions so I know it was not the broom. The next day the machine worked fine both ways, we did nothing but park it over night. Worked fine for a month. Then yesterday the aux hydraulic wouldn't activate at all in either direction. Any help would be appreciated. I don't have a manual.
Does your machine have the Advanced Display on it.? I’m guessing not. Probably the only way to go if it doesn’t is hook ET up to it and look for Codes. Are the Aux hydraulics on your machine operated from the thumbwheel on the joystick.?
It does have a screen but doesn't give any codes, Aux are on the thumbwheel.
OK, so that would appear to rule out the thumbwheel roller otherwise it should have thrown a Code, even intermittently.
Ok, machine started working fine and was fine all through the summer. Today we started using it again with our asphalt planer and 20 minutes in it was having issues again. This time we noticed it would stop rotation in the correct direction but would still rotate in reverse. Also when moving the joystick to the bucket crowd position the planer would slowly spin in reverse. After 15 minutes of this the aux would quit entirely. We could wait a few minutes with the machine of and the aux would gain flow again but only in reverse.
Thanks, What would you recommend I try?
Do you have a multimeter capable of meauring Duty Cycle.?
I do have one, sorry for the late response, I had to find it. I've also noticed if the machine sits for an hour it will work again.
I'll need a Serial Number to knock some test steps. I need to refer to the electrical schematic appropriate to the machine S/N.