Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299d2 right joy stick dead

Mick kellam · 2024-02-06 12:42

Right joystick is dead but left is fine can move around door switch and Lap switch’s all working what else could be the issue

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2024-02-06 12:49

    Can you post a Serial Number.? There must be 30 different versions of 299D. Does your particular machine have the LCD Advanced Display on the RH panel.? You can post a photo of it if you are not sure what you have. If I understand you correctly you have movement of the tracks but no bucket lift/tilt. Correct.?

  2. #2Mick kellam2024-02-06 12:50
  3. #3Mick kellam2024-02-06 12:51
  4. #4Mick kellam2024-02-06 12:52

    Yes have movement but no lift I also checked for codes and nothing active or stored

  5. #5Nige2024-02-06 13:04

    Is this the procedure you used.? Pardon me for questioning your results but I find it somewhat unusual that there are no Active or Logged Diagnostic Codes or Events whatsoever stored in the ECM.

  6. #6Mick kellam2024-02-06 13:20

    Yes none whatsoever that’s what was wondering me

  7. #7Nige2024-02-06 13:34

    That seems very strange. Usually there is something even if it’s not Active. Has the machine memory been cleared recently.?

  8. #8Mick kellam2024-02-06 13:56

    Not that I know of

  9. #9Nige2024-02-06 14:25

    Even curiouser..... Can you go through the procedure I attached above please and see if it produces the same results.

  10. #10Mick kellam2024-02-06 15:12

    went back through the procedure and still no codes in system assuming it has been cleared or got other issues in system

  11. #11Nige2024-02-06 15:28

    Back to the start then. You said you had checked the operation of the door switch and the arm bar switch. Did you also check the seat switch.? I'll send you an electrical schematic. It might help.

  12. #12Mick kellam2024-02-06 15:40

    yes checked them both and no didn't check the seat switch

  13. #13Nige2024-02-06 15:43

    The armrest switch does nothing for the implements. It only works on the drive. The door switch should generate a Code if the ECM is seeing ground or open circuit on both NO & NC sides of the switch. It should really be checked at the Machine ECM connectors. You could have a good switch but a wiring issue between it and the ECM.

  14. #14Mick kellam2024-02-06 16:24

    10-4 I'll do some checking and let you know what i fined.