Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299D2 XHP attachment function problem

Wilj · 2024-04-27 14:46

Hi all, I have a problem with my CTL. I have a 3rd party MC box grader run from Leica. I have a 14pin connector plugged in to the CAT for the raise, lower on left and right of the grader which is by the buttons on the joysticks. My problem is I have lost the function of the top left button which is left of grader raise. A couple weeks ago it been running fine apart from I noticed if the hydraulic flow wasn't on the grader would engage the flow and raise the grader just by that button. Am I looking at the grader for having a fault or should I be looking at the CTL? I don't see how the grader wiring would tell the CTL to pump hydraulics on the attachment button? TIA

Replies12
  1. #1Nige2024-04-29 11:46

    You have the electrical schematic. For a start have you checked the wiring for all the buttons on the joysticks that control grader functions.? From memory there are 12-pin harness plugs directly below the joysticks, unplug there and check for continuity (or not as the case may be) on the appproriate pairs of wires as you press & release all the buttons.

  2. #2Wilj2024-04-30 09:35

    @Nige I don’t have the electrical schematic for the CTL it’s the d5 I have. Just to clarify. Machine serial DX204 The high flow pins K&N to Pin B?

  3. #3Nige2024-04-30 09:57

    I’ll send you one. It should only need jumpering between two pins (K & B) to engage HF. All the ECM needs to see is ground on the Blue wire C460 for it to trigger HF. Below an extract from the DX2 schematic. EDIT: If you want SUPER HF then you also need to jumper Pin N to Pin B. Question: Does your grader attachment actually REQUIRE Super HF.?

  4. #4Wilj2024-05-03 13:53

    Thanks @Nige I heard that there was 2 high flows 1) thank you. The high flow on the grader is required as it runs more effectively I find and also I have an additional hydraulic block on it for a power rake attachment which fits on the front of the grader. The super hi flow is required for forestry mulcher and also a Meri crusher

  5. #5Nige2024-05-03 13:56

    So for the "basic" High Flow for the grader you only need to jumper Pins B & K.

  6. #6Wilj2024-05-08 09:23

    Hi @Nige Just to clarify. For super high flow, is it pins “B,K & N”? Or just pins “N to B”?

  7. #7Nige2024-05-08 09:37

    I’m not sure TBH with you. Let me try to find out.

  8. #8KSSS2024-05-09 09:12

    I have never seen heard of a grader box requiring high flow. I cant imagine why it would ever need that, your going to be dead heading 40 gpm, I would bet that the hyd temps are going to get high running up against relief.

  9. #9Wilj2024-05-09 09:35
  10. #10Nige2024-05-09 11:57

    As far as I can determine, but still not 100% certain........ High Flow - jumper Pins B & K Super High Flow - jumper Pins N & B.

  11. #11KSSS2024-05-10 09:33

    I have the same Sharp Grade box. I don't have the rock rake on the front, but I do have other rock rakes still not sure how spinning it faster does anything but increase wear. I am not sure how many GPM your machine makes at standard aux, mine make 24 GPM at the standard aux. works just fine, but whatever floats your boat.

  12. #12Nige2024-05-10 10:50

    Now 100% certain. High Flow - jumper Pins B & K. Super HF - jumper Pins B & N.