Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299D2 XHP – Need DEF Injector

Quantum ยท 2019-01-29 15:44

I've had a terrible time diagnosing this problem, but taking it step-by-step through the system I have finally found that the problem is the DEF injector. The pump is pumping and the controller is answering up to ET, but the injector is not spritzing. This is understandable, since I'd previously tried to test the injector by hooking up to a 12v battery. Probably burned it up. This is all after I'd done a complete rebuild of the machine from total burnout. Cat thinks they're going to get $1,100 for a DEF injector. All the junkyards that I've checked with have machines that are burned up similarly and the injector's no good. eBay has one but it's a different part# and is incompatible. I need a 465-6882 for my DX200946. Does anyone know of an alternate source for these at a non-astronomical price? Do they put them in Volkswagons for example? Kubota almost certainly?

Replies1
  1. #1RTSmith2019-02-09 09:32

    I just hit google on the part number and got this- ?? https://www.peri-parts.com/4656882-caterpillar-original-injector-d-631.html