Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL130 Will Not Shut Off

DaddyK ยท 2019-01-27 21:38

My TL130 does not shut off when the key is selected off. I just changed the stop motor assembly today and it did not fix the problem. I was thinking the stop relay might be the problem, so swapped it with another relay and it also did not fix the problem. Anyone have any other idea's?

Replies6
  1. #1DIYDAVE2019-01-28 06:47

    Check your ignition switch? They can go bad, internally, particularly if you have a heavy ring of keys, hanging from it, alla the time...

  2. #2thepumpguysc2019-01-28 06:59

    If the sol. is the same for the 130 & 140.?? just remove the solenoid & MAKE SURE its a sol. malfunction{electric} & not a PUMP malfunction.. by moving the stop lever on the inj, pump,, Let us know what happened & I might be able to walk u thru the repair..

  3. #3DaddyK2019-01-28 09:34

    I put a brand new stop motor on it yesterday. The motor has a spring that attaches to the stop lever on the injector pump. The stop motor does not turn at all and I am able to kill the motor with lever on the pump, so pretty sure it is not mechanical.

  4. #4DaddyK2019-01-28 15:49

    Found the problem. Looking at the electrical schematic I noticed the connection to the horn fuse. Replaced the 20 amp fuse.....works like a charm!

  5. #5thepumpguysc2019-01-28 16:50

    Whodathunkit.?? "the horn fuse"..

  6. #6DaddyK2019-01-28 16:53

    Would NEVER have found it without the schematic