Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 301.4c 2015 fan belt

kotte ยท 2025-06-19 13:55

Hello! Does anyone know how to access and replace the fan/alternator belt on a Cat 301.4c 2015? I removed all the lower side panels to see if it's like the next gen with tiltable cab but it's seems its's not, i probaly missing something obvious so is there anyone who can explain how it's done?

Replies11
  1. #1KenMac2025-06-20 17:27

    I can't help you with that, but be advised that they always ask for the serial number since there are apparently many versions of each Cat model. Good luck!

  2. #2kotte2025-06-23 02:02

    Serial number is:LJK02344, tried searching the web but it seems it's not a very common model on the web atleast.

  3. #3Universal Parts2025-06-23 03:51

    Do you need to replace the fan air conditioning belt? But I am not sure whether cat301.4 and cat301.5 are universal, they are both micro machines

  4. #4kotte2025-06-23 04:34

    It's the belt that runs the fan/waterpump and the alternator, not the aircon belt

  5. #5Universal Parts2025-06-23 05:13

    Yes, there are. What model of Kubota engine is yours?

  6. #6kotte2025-06-23 06:00

    It's a Yanmar 3TNV76, the excavator is a European sold machine if that makes any different.

  7. #7Universal Parts2025-06-23 06:21

    Are you looking for a belt? No part number, only engine model matching

  8. #8kotte2025-06-23 06:54

    I Was hoping someone here could explain to me how to replace the belt because you have to get on the back of the engine to get to the alternator and if i don't miss something you have to remove the cab and I can't imagine that is the correct way to replace the belt.

  9. #9Nige2025-06-23 07:29

    I agree with you, the idea of removing the cab to access the fan belt is somewhat counter-intuitive. I'm sorry I have no advice for you but have you tried asking the service department at your local Cat dealer.?

  10. #10KenMac2025-06-23 13:09

    To get around the $136 price for both belts on my Takeuchi TB260 from the dealer, I took belts to NAPA and matched length. Belts are wider than original but work fine. Mine are A37 and A61. Both were $ 31.

  11. #11Nige2025-06-23 13:36

    The OP's problem is not the availability or the price of the belt. It's how to get access to it because it's buried under the cab.