Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303.5 CR Mini engine overheat beeping noise video included help

StevieV · 2025-02-15 13:55

I started my mini up in 19° and let it warm up but as soon as it started warming up, it started going into overheat mode and I heard a very loud noise from the engine that was beeping. Anyone had this experience or know what it could be?

Replies17
  1. #1Simon C2025-02-15 15:13

    Have you checked the actual radiator, not the overflow bottle? Is the fan belt still there and tight. Has the rad been washed out iin last little while. Is there a difference of temperature from top rad hose to bottom rad hose. Have you checked with a heat gun to see how warm the hoses are when it says it is hot. Do some checking before starting the parts Cannon. Simon C

  2. #2Simon C2025-02-15 15:14

    You might have to clean between the rads as sometimes they get plugged in between. Simon C

  3. #3Nige2025-02-15 15:22

    From the thread title you said you included a video. I don't see it. You cannot upload videos direct to this forum. You have to host them somehwere else then post a link.

  4. #4StevieV2025-02-23 08:09

    It was the fan belt but what happened is the pulley tensioner came off the compressor belt and broke both belts. I managed to get the fan belt back on but the pulley tensioner is all messed up I do t know how it goes together since parts are missing. I can’t find the parts on cat it is a 2007 303.5 anyone have the parts break down of this I can’t find anything under the Cat site. Is it ok not to have compressor belt. Thank you all

  5. #5Nige2025-02-23 09:59

    Post the machine Serial Number and it ought to be possible to find a parts breakdown.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2025-02-23 09:59

    Post the serial number so our resident Cat expert can help you out

  7. #7Steve Frazier2025-02-23 10:00

    LMAO!! I posted simultaneously with Nige!!

  8. #8Simon C2025-02-23 10:16

    Post # 2 I asked if the belt was still there. Wonder how I could remember that after driving 1 hour to a customer with belt wrapped around fan. Glad I figured it out. Simon C

  9. #9StevieV2025-02-23 13:09

    DMY01330

  10. #10Nige2025-02-23 13:42

    Does your A/C setup look something like this.? Post a photo if you are not sure. Aparently your particular machine was not originally built with A/C, at least according to the system.

  11. #11StevieV2025-02-23 13:46

    Reply exactly same setup! The 10-1 and 2 part numbers for that assembly I need. They came off. Is that possible to find for me? Thank you so much

  12. #12Nige2025-02-23 13:53

    See the attached. I think it covers everything related to belts, tensioning, and component mounting.

  13. #13StevieV2025-02-23 13:58

    Thank you very much

  14. #14StevieV2025-02-24 07:13

    Is there any way to see how that pulley goes together a closer look at the assembly?

  15. #15Nige2025-02-24 09:23

    Do you mean are there any piece parts available for the pulley assembly.? If so the answer is no, it’s only sold complete.

  16. #16StevieV2025-02-24 09:33

    I just don’t know how to put it together. I have the pulley (found it) but missing washers and bolt assembly

  17. #17Nige2025-02-24 10:55

    When you found the pulley was it missing the bolt and the other fittings.? Because if so they are not available separately as spare parts, only as part of a "pulley assembly"