Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303.5 leak from Hydraulic fluid filter cover

Kekoa512 · 2025-03-16 17:43

Hydo flows out when it’s pressurized after I removed the cover and reinstalled. I took it off again, cleaned up the o-ring and mating surfaces, and reinstalled. Still leaking. Hoping this is just an o-ring issue? It seemed like it may be a little loose, not a snug fit into the groove it’s supposed to sit in. Anything I’m missing before I replace o-ring?

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-03-16 19:39

    A big leak or just a weep.? If it's a weep then a new genuine OEM O-Ring will fix it.

  2. #2Kekoa5122025-03-17 13:42

    I’d call it a big weep. It didn’t do it before I took the cover off; only after I put it back on so im hoping it’s just an o-ring issue

  3. #3Nige2025-03-17 14:16

    Got a Serial Number.? I can look up the P/N of the O-Ring.

  4. #4Kekoa5122025-03-24 18:39

    @Nige that's the bummer, I don't have a serial number. Sorry for the delay, I thought i had sourced the right o-ring but i was wrong. I know it's the o-ring/seal under the cover to the hydraulic suction strainer and I THINK my rig is an old 303.5D CR or just CR. Do you know the exact name of that cover I'm talking about? Hoping i might find the o-ring if I know what CAT calls that cover

  5. #5Nige2025-03-24 19:15

    Cat will simply call it a cover. The problem is that without looking the cover up by machine Serial Number getting the correct Part Number is somewhat of a lottery. Did you buy a Cat Part Number.? If yes, what P/N did you buy.?