Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

”cat 303cr No pilot controls

Wen32FAB · 2025-01-11 16:08

I have a 303CR, serial DMA-05055. I have been trying for a while to diagnose hydraulic or electrical issues. I have the unit running now and all electrical issues seem to be fixed. But, I still can't figure out the pilot controls issue. Blade functions as it should but I don't have any other hydraulic controls. If I crack any hose connection on the unit I get flow from that hose but no pressure. Hydro pump is strong and will load up when blade is bottomed out or raise to max. I have voltage at safety solenoid and it seems to be energizing. There is a buzzing sound from the main valve block area which I can't quite pin point. Like a relief valve is bypassing? I have zero pilot controls.

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2025-01-11 17:07
  2. #2Wen32FAB2025-02-03 13:44

    Hydraulic lockout is functioning properly. Pump has flow but no pressure. Blade functions but no pilot controls. I am stumped!

  3. #3zpollard20172025-06-11 22:13

    You figure those out? I’m having the same exact issue with the same model machine!

  4. #4Wen32FAB2025-06-11 23:51

    Not yet. I did find the suction screen in hydro tank was stopped up which I cleaned. This resulted in more hydro pressure at the pump but still no pilot controls. Hope this helps. Please post if you figure anything out.

  5. #5zpollard20172025-06-11 23:55

    Shoot me your number! I’ll just give you a call. I did find somethings today that might help bounce ideas off each other. We have the same exact symptoms and the same machine.

  6. #6Nige2025-06-12 11:04

    @zpollard2017 If you require any technical information regarding hydraulic system testing, etc, then you'll need to supply a Serial Number.