I have a 06 cat 303cr with 2000 hours on it with an intermittent overheating issue. It has recently gotten a new headgasket and radiator from cat. It mostly starts to get hot and puke coolant when driving up hills or when doing hard digging, is this to be expected? any tests you guys would recommend to find potential problem areas that are causing the overheating?
Is it for sure over heating or is it getting compression in the cooling system. I was down a seemingly similar road with mine.
Hard to say because my temp gauge decided to stop working recently (gotta fix that too). I would hope its not compression being that it has a new headgasket, but I can't say for sure. The reason I lean towards overheating is because it takes some hard working to get it to puke, definitely not abuse, but hard work nonetheless. What sorta symptoms were you seeing Tyler?
I had head sealing problems and it would only ever really show it at a idle this was of course using cheap China parts (learned some life lessons) got to rebuild it a second with cat parts..... Any how if you think the radiator and fan/fan/belt are doing a proper job id be looking to make sure the thermostat and water pump are doing there thing properly
ok, I was thinking about taking the t-stat out but wasn't sure if it was a good idea. this might be a dumb question, but how would I check that the water pump is functioning correctly?
Take it off and make sure the impeller is not spinning on the shaft or broke off/missing