Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 304C CR idle down

f311fr1 ยท 2016-11-16 21:33

I have a CAT 304C CR S/N OFPK02672 with 2855 hours. The auto idle down rev up feature has stopped working. Any thing to look at first like a fuse or relay? Machine digs as it should when you manually rev it up.

Replies3
  1. #1f311fr12016-11-19 18:19

    Operator issue. He failed th ID10T test. He had it turned off, My other operstor told me that the fuel lift pump was going out. I asked him how much fuel was in it. He said 1/2 tank. I asked him to fill it up. He said he would. He stalled it one more time on Friday. Bought new pump and filter to change over thr week end. On the way home filled up the truck and then pulled the ex up to top off the tank. The 14 gallon tank only took 12 1/2 gallons, he failed the ID10T test also. Put the new pump and filter on anyway.

  2. #2melli2016-11-20 12:30

    Haha...Initially, just for a millisecond, I was wondering what a 10T test was.... I sure hope your operators are fine operators, or I would be swapping them out. No fuel gauges I assume... I'm one of those who has to have a full tank before lift-off. Maybe a tad OC. A full tank means I can worry about one less thing.

  3. #3f311fr12016-11-20 18:24

    They are both very good operators, just been working long hours, You are right, top off fuel at start of the day. I guess the fuel sender will get changed next.